RC Slope Soaring in Hong Kong

A forum for rc sailplane pilots
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:39 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:43 pm 

Hi Stanley,

Because you said this:

there is no way other pilots can catch up even if more race (maximum 12) are held. For example, you see Mak got five 1000 points and one 995 points with a total of 5,995 points, there is almost no way we can catch up even 12 races were held.

and this:

If a guy who has achieved six 1000 points in the first 6 races, he will definitely be a winner even though there are still 6 races to hold. Other pilots may loose the interest to fight back

and this:

What happen if we do not have cancelled race and hold all 12 races, the last 3 races will be quite boring for some pilots, because they know they have no chance to get to the top even though they got all 1000 points in the later races!

It is easy to lead people to think like this:

1, Someone got many 1000s at the start, which makes the others know there is no hope to win before the league is over.

2, So to let the others catch up, to prevent somebody lose interest, to prevent the others boring,. . . you propose to change the rule

I don't know if others have interpreted your writing like this, but at least I WAS. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:13 pm 

Mak,

I used these two examples is to show to the fellow pilots the problem the current rules has. It happens you are on the top and I am the second that makes you feel a bit uncomfortable. If that is the case, I am sorry.
Anyway, if you thought it carefully before making the statements with incorrect logic, I would not have made such a stupid comment that you are irrational.

Again, think, if we adopt a new rule, it must be fair to everybody, “How come the proposed rule can be unfavor to the top pilots as you?” If you can point out something that is disadvantageous to you, then I will redraw my proposal and say sorry to you. If not don’t put a hat on me saying that I want to use a new rule to overtake you!
I my mind, you are the best HK pilot!

C.M., again how come the proposed rule can push me up and pull Mak down, I don't really know why you all have this logic anyway. May be I am not using the right wording! Sorry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:22 pm 

CM Cheng wrote:
2, So to let the others catch up, to prevent somebody lose interest, to prevent the others boring,. . . you propose to change the rule

I don't know if others have interpreted your writing like this, but at least I WAS. :)

Hi C.M.,

I used these examples to point out the problem of the current rules, does it mean I ask to change the rules in the middle of the league to upgrade myself? Of course not! I propose to adapt a new rule to avoid "future" problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:50 pm 

唉!寫多錯多,唔寫啦!
只是想講個 rules 係公平,只會另比賽更加有挑戰性,又可以迎合大家繁忙的私人日程,投票決定吧!以前講錯任何說話,請多多包函。

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:23 pm 

Quote:
I used these two examples is to show to the fellow pilots the problem the current rules has. It happens you are on the top and I am the second that makes you feel a bit uncomfortable. If that is the case, I am sorry.
Anyway, if you thought it carefully before making the statements with incorrect logic, I would not have made such a stupid comment that you are irrational.

Stanley,
I don't think there is any problem on my logic.
Don't you understand? I didn't think your new rules poses any disadvantages to me.
It's your attitude on changing the rules, with the aim to affect the games result in future events that worries me.

Quote:
Again, think, if we adopt a new rule, it must be fair to everybody, “How come the proposed rule can be unfavor to the top pilots as you?” If you can point out something that is disadvantageous to you, then I will redraw my proposal and say sorry to you. If not don’t put a hat on me saying that I want to use a new rule to overtake you!
I my mind, you are the best HK pilot!

Please don't talk like I feel threaten by you, hence objecting your proposal. I'm not.
I know you are not changing the rule for your own good, but it's just not right to modify the rule with the aim of affecting the results.

If the rules are changed because of pilot schedule issue, weather issue, fun issue, location issue, equipment issue etc. etc.
I'll be very happy to adapt to the new rules.
However, change rules so that other pilots can catch up! (Which equips to manipulating race results.)?
No matter who was in the lead, sorry to tell you, this is still the wrong thing to do.

May I give you an example?
The government found in a legislator election, Party-A didn't do as good as Party-B.
In order to make it more interesting for Party-A to play the election game.
The government changed the election rules, so that the runner up Party have more chance to catch up with the other Party in the next election.
It may be not the government's intention to help any of the specific Party, but what do you feel on a case like that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:27 pm 

I thought there is a problem in the rule so I proposed to change.
The proposal was made when last year league was completed, how come I can manipulate the result? Where is the logic?

I proposed a system that is obvious fair for future events, how can I manipulate future result if the rule is fair? Where is the logic?

It is really a funny way of thinking I would say, sorry!

Last edited by Stanley on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:28 pm 

Stanley wrote:
唉!寫多錯多,唔寫啦!
只是想講個 rules 係公平,只會另比賽更加有挑戰性,又可以迎合大家繁忙的私人日程,投票決定吧!以前講錯任何說話,請多多包函。

Oh !

I think it's time for me to shut up as well.

Have a good flight on Sunday. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:40 pm 

算啦!唔好坳啦,可能係我表達得唔好啦!

各位機友你地比D意見,靜係關於個D rules 既好處、唔好處,然後揀啦!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:25 am 

Ha Ha! Mak, I see your logic.

For political system, particular in Hong Kong, it may not be a fair system, e.g. functional constituency. So your worry is that if we change the rule, it may be used for manipulating the future result. Well, for the HK political system, this may be yes!

But my proposal is a fair system, we do not apply the change in the middle of the league, and we apply this to future league. Provided the system is fair, I can see that your worry is completely invalid!
Unless I propose a system that is unfair, say stopping a top pilot from joining the race further after he got six 1000 points, then your worry is valid.

Am I that stupid to build an unfair system? Who know next year I may be the top pilot that will be unfairly treated!

I am a rule-abiding person provide that it is a fair rule!

OK, no more argument! Be happy guys, cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:38 am 

:( :(
原來做电腦D機友好得間架!
兩個人一日內共發出共二十次回覆。
千其唔好話比佢地老板知呀!
8) 8)

.................香港公開賽最速男

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:47 am 

Ah Pong wrote:
原來做电腦D機友好得間架!
兩個人一日內共發出共二十次回覆。
千其唔好話比佢地老板知呀!
8) 8)

.................香港公開賽
最速男

禾青男 :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:17 am 

Ah Pong wrote:
原來做电腦D機友好得間架!
兩個人一日內共發出共二十次回覆。
千其唔好話比佢地老板知呀!
8) 8)

禾青男,

咁你有冇興趣轉玩電腦呀?

但係一上大 project, 除時要係 office standby 48小時架 :?

係你地準備上馬鞍山放機既時侯,我依家重係 office :cry: 好慘呀 :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:27 am 

K.Y.Mak wrote:
Ah Pong wrote:
原來做电腦D機友好得間架!
兩個人一日內共發出共二十次回覆。
千其唔好話比佢地老板知呀!
8) 8)

禾青男,

咁你有冇興趣轉玩電腦呀?

但係一上大 project, 除時要係 office standby 48小時架 :?

係你地準備上馬鞍山放機既時侯,我依家重係 office :cry: 好慘呀 :cry: :cry:

To 禾青男,

You have the answer now! Ah Mak is only "stand by" in the office. That's why he has so much free time during the office hour :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:54 pm 

:evil: :twisted:

点解成日話我割禾青呀?
我又無話以後唔完,只係要考試啫。
咁呀麥星期曰都唔比賽啦,做咗年賽冠軍後唔賽,唔通又叫割禾青呀?

我都唔想答你地,等我個仔答啦!

:twisted: :twisted: