Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:16 pm 

好!!!!!耐都無飛60"喇,一於開翻幾場!!.可能比大楊

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:40 pm 

阿邦,我個件不幸事件

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:48 pm 

為了提高各飛友對F3F賽的興趣,香港遙控滑翔飛行協會決定在11月25日馬鞍山舉辦一次60寸F3F賽事,希望各路飛友做好60寸機的出戰準備! :lol: :lol:

http://www.hkrcss.org/F3F_60in_CallC.html

由於玩F3F賽需要有足夠風力才可,所以本會還決定如當日風速細少時(2級或以下),F3F賽會延期,反而在同一日會改為手擲滑翔機賽!各位飛友希望這樣安排會達到兩全其美,玩F3F又得,玩DLG又得! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:00 pm 

Use DLG and HLG to fly the F3F track at MOS in case of 60"F3F being called off? Or will change to another site for standard DLG competition?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:29 am 

Allan,

We decided that if the forcast wind is above scale 2 on the date 25 Nov 2007, we will hold 60" F3F in Ma On Shan, otherwise a DLG contest in Lamma Island will be held instead.

This would be a good approach to adapt to weather condition which we have no control of! I hope everybody would be happy with this arrangement. Cheers! :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:48 pm 

Please be reminded the COMING 60" F3F and DLG events on 25 NOV!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:20 pm 

We now have more slopes suitable for holding F3F contest, so most likely if the wind is ok, we should be able to hold this 60" F3F.

By the way, since we have a negative budget for the Hong Kong Open just held. This is partly due to the increase in the cost of banquet dinner (remember the lobster dish is additional to our budget!) In order to cover the lost without draining the club's resource, we are proposting to charge a contest fee of HK$150 for this 60" event, and another $150 for the December F3F league race. Are you guys happy with this?
By the way, I think we also need to charge a contest fee in order to cover the cost of making trophies for the league winner later on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:38 pm 

Stanley wrote:
...we are proposting to charge a contest fee of HK$150 for this 60" event, and another $150 for the December F3F league race. Are you guys happy with this?

I think the high entry fee for such single event would hinder those new comers. Instead, I'd propose charging $30 per race, including all league races in 2007 and the coming 60" events. Then, we can collect a fund of around $4000 for all F3F events in 2007.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:08 am 

Stanley and Angus, Please do not make the issue too complicate.

The event run very successful, all the foreigners leaving us with a very happy face. That is more than enough. You guy's well co-operation make the event run very smooth, which also make my CD job a lot easier. To express my thanks to all of you, let me pay for the delicious lobster of the banquet dinner.

Pong, please let me know the exact amount differency, I will give you a cheque so you can close the book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:00 am 

ken wrote:
Stanley and Angus, Please do not make the issue too complicate.

The event run very successful, all the foreigners leaving us with a very happy face. That is more than enough. You guy's well co-operation make the event run very smooth, which also make my CD job a lot easier. To express my thanks to all of you, let me pay for the delicious lobster of the banquet dinner.

Pong, please let me know the exact amount differency, I will give you a cheque so you can close the book.

Being one of the members of the HK open organizing team, I really didn't do anything. So let me share half of the extra cost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:29 am 

Hi CM, What are you doing at 4:00 am?
If you have a secret program to send email or message at a preset time, please PM to me. :twisted: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:11 pm 

Angus wrote:
I think the high entry fee for such single event would hinder those new comers. Instead, I'd propose charging $30 per race, including all league races in 2007 and the coming 60" events. Then, we can collect a fund of around $4000 for all F3F events in 2007.

It is bitter unfair to Ken if he pays for us. Please note that he has already very generous to give tips to the bus driver from his own pocket.

I agree with Angus suggestion. For the past 2007 league contests, we didn't charge any contest fee, so if we charge $30 for each race, we should be able to accumulate sufficient money to cover the lost. We have 9 races already, and each pilot, if he participated in all the races, should need to submit $270 only. Anyway, if we still has some money left, we can use it to make the trophies for the league award presentation in the AGM.
Are you guys happy with this arrangement?

Angus can you work out the fee each pilot needed to be charged according to the participation shown in the league table?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:23 pm 

Suddenly I want to be serious and win F3F . . :P

So look out guys :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:36 pm 

CM Cheng wrote:
Suddenly I want to be serious and win F3F . . :P

So look out guys :twisted:

Hay, you should be sleeping now at 3:00 pm and working at 3:00 am ( Vampire !! :shock: )

We fly when there is the sun :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:06 pm 

Stanley wrote:

so if we charge $30 for each race, we should be able to accumulate sufficient money to cover the lost.
Are you guys happy with this arrangement?

Stanley,

Please be reminded HKRCSS is not a profit making bussiness.

In the committee meeting, we have had a discussion on HKRCSS having too much cash on hand,
and we should spend it for the welfare of our members.
In the meeting we mentioned, there are times we can manage to get a positive balance on an event, and sometimes it's negative. If a lost occur in an event, the club can absorb the difference.

The F3F group is a major secter of HKRCSS.
Many of the F3F members had done a lot of work for the club during all these years.
I think it is fare for the club to absorb the negative balance of such an international event.

Being the Treasurer, I can assure it's within the clubs financial capability to absorb the cost.

Now, back to the 60" F3F and the league.

It's just not right to try to recover the lost of HK Open from the 60"F3F or the league.

If my memories are correct, the contest fee should be $20 per race.
We should not increase the fee after the contest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:14 pm 

Stanley,

In the last F3F 2005 Open, I remember Stephen had sponsored $2000 personally for the event at no reason. This year, I want to take his place. I was very happy to find a reason for my donation, it seems you will break my plan.

You cannot charge back the past F3F league contests, this is not a good approach. But you can start to plan for the F3F Fund for future so that the Contests will have better supports whenever it need.

I do not think we need to take too much concerned on the fairness. Our groups are from different fields, each of us has their own background. Some people can pay more, and some can share more jobs. Co-operation and Happiness is the most important. I am willing to contribute some cash sponsor to the event. If CM has same feeling as mine, I am happy to let him share part of that. But it is not a must.

I still remember the day that I met an old man at Clear Water Bay on a monthly teaching day. He brought a very old hand-made glider there and let our pilots tune it up and fly. He gave me a membership application form and the enrollment payment. When I explained to him that part of the payment is for his membership and part is for the insurance, he will also have some refund in his next renewal...... His response to me is that he do not need anything, he just want to come and give some contribution to our society and showed a support to us. He told me he has been in RC field over 40 years, he haven't seen any club or society doing like us, he encouraged us to keep going. I was impressed by his words. After that, I have not seen him any more at flying site.

I am not having a lot of money, but a small amount of donation is still not a problem to me and I am willing to. If we all count too much in detail and ask for fairness, everything will be in stuck, otherwise everything can be running faster and smoother.

The HKRCSS resource will only be our last option, but I do not think we need that at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:29 pm 

[quote="ken"] He told me he has been in RC field over 40 years, he haven't seen any club or society doing like us, he encouraged us to keep going. I was impressed by his words. After that, I have not seen him any more at flying site. :shock: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:32 pm 

ken wrote:
Stanley,

I am willing to contribute some cash sponsor to the event. If CM has same feeling as mine, I am happy to let him share part of that.

The HKRCSS resource will only be our last option, but I do not think we need that at the moment.

In this case, Please count me in as another contributor. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:10 pm 

me too ....... it has taken us a long way to come to this. Don't kill the passion because of a relatively small amount of money. It's not worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:10 pm 

I am not arguing for details of small money. In fact I can contribute this money also. I just think what is right and wrong.
We should have a balance budget if not we ordered extra Lobster dish and mis-calculation of head counts by restuarant owner in Sai Kung in the second night. The budget should be perfectly fitted. Anyway, it is not right for the club to bear the lost as big as such, aorund HK$3,000, because we have other members not involved in F3F.

For the past F3F league races, I was just too busy to collect the contest fee from fellow pilots and I don't think it is a re-charging. Remember, we need the money to make the trophies for the presentation awards in the year end. Anyway, we will ask pilots to pay this money, $20 per race, next time we meet.

OK, if any body want to contribute for recovering the lost, please let Pong know about it. You guys are fantastic people I have ever met. Cheers and enjoy our lovely sport and see you on the slope soon!