RC Slope Soaring in Hong Kong

A forum for rc sailplane pilots
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:52 pm 

Let me remind you that HKRCSS is organizing a 60" F3F race the coming Sunday (5/11) in Ma On Shan. If you have a 60" racer, do come and join the fight. All are welcome!
There will be a BBQ in Ma On Shan BBQ ground after the race. Please let us know by this Wednesday night if you will join the BBQ so that we can have a more accurate estimate for arranging food. Many thanks!
For details, please see
http://www.hkrcss.org/F3F60_MOS_BBQ_call.html

各位機友,今個星期日滑翔機會在馬鞍山東風斜坡將會舉辦60寸組 F3F 斜坡速度賽,如果你有60寸機,不防來一較高低,比試速度!
本會賽後在馬鞍山郊野公園還舉行野火聚餐,有興趣人仕請盡快報名以安排足夠食物,謝謝。
欲知詳情請點看

http://www.hkrcss.org/F3F60_MOS_BBQ_callC.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:14 pm 

我會黎﹐如果唔改期既話。。。。

呢排真係俾D風玩死﹐天文台預報話東到東北風 4 級以上﹐佢無錯呀﹐不過係凌晨時份先至有咁既風力同風向﹐上午就全程吹北風﹐仲好弱﹐到下午風向就轉東﹐但都係好弱﹐長假期基本上無飛過﹐今日去石澳都係飛左 30 分鐘就直 sir 落去﹐馬鞍山應該係完全無景﹐如果呢種 pattern 持續﹐就無癮啦﹗ 希望呢個週末會有轉機啦﹗

我隻 Aris 就裝好啦﹐可唔可以扮 60 吋呀 ﹖

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:29 pm 

嘩!Y.C.唔

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:15 pm 

[quote="Stanley"]嘩!Y.C.唔

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:23 pm 

60"F3F and BBQ 會到。

不過我個3810仲係阿麥度,希望佢唔好唔覺意、or 唔小心、 or 好奇心洗左或改左我隻mniNYX 的 setting :x

我覺得 . . . 我飛60"F3F幾有天份架 . . :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:57 pm 

[quote="Stanley"]嘩!Y.C.唔

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:24 am 

其實我地

Last edited by Stanley on Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:31 am 

CM Cheng wrote:
60"F3F and BBQ 會到。

不過我個3810仲係阿麥度,希望佢唔好唔覺意、or 唔小心、 or 好奇心洗左或改左我隻mniNYX 的 setting :x

我覺得 . . . 我飛60"F3F幾有天份架 . . :D

CM, 原來你係打算出隻 Mini-NYX 呀!
咁就等我睇睇你個 setting 有冇地方可以改善啦。
不如加個尾板自動高速跳動功能。
像魚尾咁游,大直路加速一流架!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:44 pm 

Wind seems not good :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:22 pm 

Come on guys, speak in english please ;) I can not understand a word !!!

So I should be there for the race, with my MiniJ and also for BBQ.

If someone can bring me there also this would be great as I don't have yet a car.

(I'm living in kowloon)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:15 pm 

jerems wrote:

If someone can bring me there also this would be great as I don't have yet a car.

(I'm living in kowloon)

Wow ! You are the guy keeping that green and yellow Miraj in the air at Ma On Shan last Sunday while the other planes fell out of the sky ? Do come and join the race ! I think you have really good chance to win !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:47 pm 

CM Cheng wrote:
Wind seems not good :oops:

We had easterly wind blowing at 36 km/hour at around 1 am this morning so the wind is indeed very good . It's just that good wind occurs at wrong hours of the day and wrong days of the week. Darn ...... I wish I am at MOS now…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:31 pm 

I think the number of new pilots for joining 60" F3F race this Sunday may be small. What do think if I suggest to hold two classes of F3F contest in a day, one for 60" and one for open class? If the wind is favourable, I guess we can get at least 6 rounds for each class of contest. We can have the open class in the early morning (very early) and the 60" class in the afternoon so that new 60" pilots can watch the big F3F planes fly in the open class in the morning to gain some knowledge before turning to their own. What do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:31 pm 

I was in Grass Island(塔門)for the Chung Yeung holiday(重陽節)yesterday afternoon sightseeing and hiking.

At that grass slope in front of the soccer field and pavalion popular with visitors and campers, there was a consistent mild sea breeze but the lift was confined to ground level only: those kites I saw got airborne easily but they failed to gain height other than 1 or 2 storeys high at most.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:07 pm 

Stanley wrote:
I think the number of new pilots for joining 60" F3F race this Sunday may be small. What do think if I suggest to hold two classes of F3F contest in a day, one for 60" and one for open class?

Stanley,

I suggest you not to make change to the contest. The contest is planned for 60" planes. You should fix on 60". I am not joining but I know if somebody plan to join, your arrangment will give them a feel that they are affecting your expert groups practicing, they may switch their mind to Clear Water Bay to teach new comers.

If nobody, or only very few pilots, attent the 60" F3F, you can finish the contest earlier. A society activity should not be changed too easy. Working for the society, sometimes we need to think about give up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:12 pm 

Stanley wrote:
I think the number of new pilots for joining 60" F3F race this Sunday may be small. What do think if I suggest to hold two classes of F3F contest in a day, one for 60" and one for open class? If the wind is favourable, I guess we can get at least 6 rounds for each class of contest. We can have the open class in the early morning (very early) and the 60" class in the afternoon so that new 60" pilots can watch the big F3F planes fly in the open class in the morning to gain some knowledge before turning to their own. What do you think?

I don't think it is a good idea to split the event into two parts. First of all, what's behind the 60" F3F is to attract new people who don't have a competition machine. It is not solely for the veterans' fun. Even though there may not be many can actually join, we should still stick to this principle.

Secondly, I doubt if we can hold 12 rounds in a day of force 2-3 NE wind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:46 pm 

Although it is not a good practice to change the schedule, I think it is worth. The reason is:

It is good for the new comers to have a chance to see real F3F contest for big planes. In fact, it is a common practice in US and in UK that they hold two classes of contest in one day. I read about the same comment from a foriegn forum regarding this kind of arrangement. And all of them, even beginners, favour this arrangement due to the reason I've just said.

Please don't get a feeling that we steal the time for the begineers, we just want to show them a real F3F using big planes, it would be very attractive for them if they really like to learn F3F. Of course, if they just come for flying 60" not interest in F3F, then they should fly elsewhere why bother to attend the contest anyway.

Post subject: F3F school ?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:15 am 

[quote="Stanley"]我地無新人加入,更談何發掘

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:58 am 

Y C Lui wrote:
jerems wrote:

(I'm living in kowloon)

Wow ! You are the guy keeping that green and yellow Miraj in the air at Ma On Shan last Sunday while the other planes fell out of the sky ? Do come and join the race ! I think you have really good chance to win !

I will come ;) Maybee if there is no wind I have a chance to win on a good hand launch :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:23 am 

Stanley wrote:
Please don't get a feeling that we steal the time for the begineers, we just want to show them a real F3F using big planes, it would be very attractive for them if they really like to learn F3F. Of course, if they just come for flying 60" not interest in F3F, then they should fly elsewhere why bother to attend the contest anyway.

Stanley,

My feeling is, you are REALLY trying to steal the time slot from the 60" flyers !
Holding 2 sessions of completition is almost impossible in Sundays wind condition.
Keep it simple, and fly 60" only please !

A lot of people are experienced pilots, who are capable of doing very well in F3F. All they need is some guidence on F3F style flying, turns, and settings etc.
As Ah Wings suggestion, we can arrange to give a talk and demo before the contest. That should be wellcomed by newcomers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:24 am 

I agree with CM and Ken's view. The weather forecast seems not too promising for more than 8 rounds of contest. 3m planes should have the advantage over 60" in this situation.
Sticking to the original planning for 60" class will let every participants to enjoy, test and try more in the runs.
To me, 60" is the beginning of my F3F. Even without the helpers to signal on how far you can do on making the turns, cuts and improving the running time on track, warning signal on illegal cuts, poor run time of that round will tell.
More rounds to run will let the pilots expereince more and just like doing practices in a racing atomsphere. As this is a competition, during the flight, the pilot should not be disturbed or coached unless the flight is in an emergency where help is required to keep the plane and things safe. After each flight, the pilot may discuss with others to share the good and the ugly just made.
As long as one can manage for a 60", it's not difficult to try for the 3m F3F.
Problem is: Who dares to let graduates of 60" to try his super machine?
With a good F3F machine, once you tried, you'll be addicted.

Last edited by BigYeung on Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:31 am 

To have two classes of F3F contest in a day may be too pack. I checked with other foriegn forums, and in fact, the US guys they do it by mixing big planes and 60" planes in one single contest, pilots have to choose either one, the score will be calculated separately. This may be a good approach to attract new and experience F3F flyers in a contest run within a limited available time. The 60" F3F flyers won't get a feeling being in disadvantage and the experience F3F flyers don't get bore with the 60".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:29 pm 

阿生哥今次又黎踩場喎 :shock:

大家好好招呼佢 :twisted: 8)