RC Slope Soaring in Hong Kong

A forum for rc sailplane pilots
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:04 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:15 pm 

It's a good suggestion to postpone the contest to late summer or early autumn. I'll not be available on the last two week-ends of August.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:06 am 

It is very difficult to reschedule the electric pylon race. I will not be available for all weekends from now until 25/9, except 28/8 for the scheduled F3F race.

Since most of us may not be available in July and August, shall we fix the date in Sept or Oct?

My preferred dates are:

25/9 (but some of you may attend Welsh Open)
2 Oct
9 Oct

Let me know what you have in mind.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:34 pm 

HKRCSS has decided to reschedule the Electric Pylon Race to 9 October 2005.
Please be prepared!
http://www.hkrcss.org/E-pylon_announceC.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:02 pm 

Come on long awaitinng racers, please be reminded that we will have a contest !! Please show up with your weapons!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:27 pm 

Look like everybody lose interest in this race anymore. Please let me and Ken know whether you will join the race and the trip to Lamma Is. because we need to plan ahead for the ferry ride and prepare the flying site.

Thanks

Stanley

Post subject: Pylon race
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:38 am 

Stanley,
Count on me. I'll join the contest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:06 pm 

Stanley wrote:
Look like everybody lose interest in this race anymore. Please let me and Ken know whether you will join the race and the trip to Lamma Is. because we need to plan ahead for the ferry ride and prepare the flying site.

Thanks

Stanley

Stanley,
唔好意思,我要湊仔老婆唔肯放人里唔到 :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:18 am 

Anybody is still interested in this event? Or the HK Open F3F is more attractive?
We may organize the event as a game day to experience the flying format and fun on speed instead of a demanding contest on this Sunday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:02 pm 

In view of low participation rate, we are reluctantly to hold off the race until further notice. I believe if the race is going to be attractive and successful, a minimum of 10 contestants are required, otherwise the manpower involved will be too expensive to justify for just a few pilots.

But how can we attract more interest in electric racing? This leaves to our fellow pilots to think about it. I would suggest several approaches to raise interest:
1. To set up an interest group starting with a few devoted pilots and then based on their efforts to promote further the development in this area
2. To arrange some informal activities first and then gradually developing them into formal competitions
3. To post information about the recent development in electric racing to attract pilots to this discipline
4. to get more supports and sponsorships from the manufacturers so as to reduce the entry cost in this otherwise expensive endeavor.
Any other suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:47 pm 

It's disappointing. Maybe autumn and winter time is good for gliding when wind is strong and the sky is clear. Shall we keep the event till spring when air is still.
Since the LMR contest and the DLG contest likely become an annual event of the club when the weather condition is not so good for gliding, DS, MOM and F3F, can we just add into a section of pylon demo race in LMR/DLG event to share the fun on speed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:07 am 

Stanley, please reschedule the event. To those pilots who once prepared to participate, cancelling the event may mean a waste of paid money, effort and time.

Before another day for the event, we may initiate demo races to raise interest. If there will be a coming LMR event, I support BigYeung's suggestion to insert a demo or even formal race in staggering order without much worry on low participation rate. The racing sessions will not consuming much time (a 5-laps race round 2 poles 100m apart can be finished in less than 1 minute).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:08 am 

Stanley, please reschedule the event. To those pilots who once prepared to participate, cancelling the event may mean a waste of paid money, effort and time.

Before another day for the event, we may initiate demo races to raise interest. If there will be a coming LMR event, I support BigYeung's suggestion to insert a demo or even formal race in staggering order without much worry on low participation rate. The racing sessions will not consuming much time (a 5-laps race round 2 poles 100m apart can be finished in less than 1 minute).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:12 am 

Stanley, please reschedule the event. To those pilots who once prepared to participate, cancelling the event may mean a waste of money, effort and time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:18 pm 

大家有無定時check吓D鋰電呢?十月懷胎,脹咗未?我就有双"爆"胎啦!!!

小心!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:18 pm 

It's so quiet on this thread for long till the last Sunday when some guys flied their super machines including the Sunracer, Stinger and S200 at Sum Chung during the break time of the DLG event.

Sum Chung should be a good place for flying and landing of these fast planes one by one as solo flight. A flock of pylon racers running at the same time will be to tense in terms of flying spaces and safety.

Comparing to the hard and rocky surface of Lamma Island, the flat and soft lawn surface of Sum Chung can offer pilots an easy landing, provided the pilots don't overshot the planes to the ponds.

As for a first attempt to organize a pylon race, can we put an option to hold the event at Sum Chung in the format of 1 pilot at 1 time to count for the best time say for 10 laps just like what we are performing for the F3F now; instead of a fearful 'Flock fight' at Lamma Island that early retirement of planes due to mid-air and non-perfect landing can be foreseen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:22 pm 

Yeung wrote:
大家有無定時check吓D鋰電呢?十月懷胎,脹咗未?我就有双"爆"胎啦!!!

小心!!!

上星期

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:30 pm 

BigYeung wrote:
It's so quiet on this thread for long till the last Sunday when some guys flied their super machines including the Sunracer, Stinger and S200 at Sum Chung during the break time of the DLG event.

Sum Chung should be a good place for flying and landing of these fast planes one by one as solo flight. A flock of pylon racers running at the same time will be to tense in terms of flying spaces and safety.

Comparing to the hard and rocky surface of Lamma Island, the flat and soft lawn surface of Sum Chung can offer pilots an easy landing, provided the pilots don't overshot the planes to the ponds.

As for a first attempt to organize a pylon race, can we put an option to hold the event at Sum Chung in the format of 1 pilot at 1 time to count for the best time say for 10 laps just like what we are performing for the F3F now; instead of a fearful 'Flock fight' at Lamma Island that early retirement of planes due to mid-air and non-perfect landing can be foreseen.

Shamchung is good for single-pilot race against time but still I think is dangerous to the public particular if there are so many tourists during weekend. If the contest is in weekday, it may be ok. I also like the soft glass lawn for landing in Shamchung as compared to Lamma.
Anyway, we need to consult with the village chief to see whether we can hold an electric pylon race there.

I think we can propose to hold a F3F style of timing race without the need to setup two tall poles there, and also to hold the race during weekday.

Any comment?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:04 pm 

電機賽點解無人回應?
賽完60寸F3F後,要計劃下一季的活動啦!
究竟搞唔搞電機賽?如果在深涌搞,我相信只可以好似F3F咁,一隻隻跑,以時間來計分。我

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:38 pm 

Hay, I kick off the ball.
Count me in.
Please also schedule a LMR event.
Johnson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:53 pm 

LMR with spot landing should be a good event. More planes can fly in groups, slower, peaceful, more safe to participants, less effort to keep away the 'passing-by' visitors. I support :D
But I'd prefer to limit the AUW or wing span for safety reasons, i.e. no giant nor heavy birds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:24 pm 

Can we hold the pylon race in the early morning section when there'll be less visitors?
As long as the lawn are loaded with outsiders (the by-passing), we can stop the round immediately and finalize for results.
What I worry is that most visitors will travel across the lawn as short-cut to the village store instead of walking along the pave beside the lawn and not realize the plane could be a killer. The race will frequently be interrupted.
It'll be really difficult to reserve the whole lawn at center for our event as visitors should be fond of the soft green lawn along the ponds for a short rest & photo-taking.
The LMR can be held in pm. Or we should take the pylon race & LMR as separate event that should be held at Lamma Island & ShamChung respectively.
How about Saturday afternoon, will the situation at ShamChung being the same as Sunday?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:38 pm 

[quote="Stanley"]電機賽點解無人回應?
賽完60寸F3F後,要計劃下一季的活動啦!
究竟搞唔搞電機賽?如果在深涌搞,我相信只可以好似F3F咁,一隻隻跑,以時間來計分。我

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:50 am 

Hi, electric pylon race fans,

The pylon race is re-scheduled to be run at 11 June 2006 in Lamma Island.
http://www.hkrcss.org/E-pylon_announceC.html

Please tell your friends and be ready for the race. I hope we can get at least 15 pilots on the race track.

Cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next