RC Slope Soaring in Hong Kong

A forum for rc sailplane pilots
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: 50km/h wind
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:46 pm 

AKFF practice in MOS this morning ,all member can fly average 38.xx-40.xx second .Aris,RaceM ,Acacia.their unbelivable speed in the front slop ,sometime only about 5 second run two leg.It is our top speed before we had try.Hope we can keep this speed in each partice .
Hard practice!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:17 pm 

I remember F Fai makes 37.xx with his Aris (4/5 load only). Acacia also has superb performance.

It is really exciting to practise in such strong wind!!! I have to take a break after each flight of 15 min.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:44 pm 

Angus wrote:
.....It is really exciting to practise in such strong wind!!! ......

Dear AKFF (Alias Scots HKG VR2006) Team Members,

I am so proud that I am one of the flyer amongst the VR2006 HK Team member's practise session in that wind condition. Very good experience.

Of course, without the help from Angus, Ah Kin and Ah Fai, I don't think I can fly my Sting in such wind condition.

Thank you again for you advice on fine tuning the basic setting on my Sting and the help for landing.

Even with the basic setting, I can not stand the temptation to try a few split-S turn which are very exciting.

Philip Shum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:30 pm 

I am jealous! I needed to spend the weekend with my family even though the wind was amazingly good! :cry: :cry:

Anyway, in order to let our VR2006 HK team to get more practice prior to the UK trip in September, I am proposing to run a series of unofficial F3F training contests for the team as well as for the F3F diehards like me.

May be we can define a formula to run the contest if the following conditions are met:

1. Must be Sunday, Saturday afternoon or prearranged date for obvious reason,

2. Wind speed of over 25 km measured in Wangland Is.

3. At least 5 pilots are available

We need to set up the official timing gear with base judges. The result can be kept as unofficial record, and at the end, to see whether we can systematically improving our skill after a series of intensive training.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:49 pm 

Unofficial F3F contest is a very good idea for enhencing skills and preparing future International competitions. Contest experience is definitely our weakness comparing with foreign pilots.

I remember we ran similar practice at Wales before the Welsh Open by using whistle and stop watch. Post and timing gears are not essential. Five people are minimun, one pilot, two buzzermen, one judge/timer and one for launching. In order to save time, each pilot takes three flights before switching to others.

Hope to run these contests shortly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:11 pm 

Angus wrote:
Unofficial F3F contest is a very good idea for enhencing skills and preparing future International competitions. Contest experience is definitely our weakness comparing with foreign pilots......Hope to run these contests shortly.

Dear F3F Contestant,

If timing permits, I wish to take part as helper in these F3F contest sessions.

Philip Shum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:28 pm 

I think we should set up the timing gear properly to make the contest more serious.
We may not need the poles as they are heavy to bring up to the mountain, but C.M. timing gear is light enough and very easy to set up.
Can we run a contest in every Saturday and Sunday afternoon starting from 25/2/2006?
Provided that the weather conditions are good and more than 5 pilots are available, we can run the race. Of course, not all of us can participate in all the races, just try to attend as many as you can. We should also keep the timing record in PDA to monitor the progress.

Philip, of course, you are welcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:02 pm 

I will go !!!!!!!!!!