RC Slope Soaring in Hong Kong

A forum for rc sailplane pilots
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: 漁農署掃場
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:52 pm 

今早 10: 45 有兩位漁農自然護理署人員在東風位出現 , 幸好當時機友 只手持發射調較飛機 ,未有把飛機投出 ,否則斷正罰款............... 最後口頭警告了事 .

事沿星期一, 有路人甲行山時閃避飛行中的遙控滑翔機而失足受傷,引至漁農署關注 .

據了解后 ,飛鵝山東風位,北風位是郊野公園範圍,不可放機 ,但南位,西南位馬路邊向下斜坡則不是郊野公園範圍.

短期內漁農署人員會加強巡查,打擊非法放機人士,請各機友多加留意 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:14 pm 

Dear fellows,

Another aspect that we have to look into. As far as I understand, powerless glider is allowed in country park. Should we (HKRCSS) approach the authority for clearification??

Any view?

Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:23 pm 

但條件係唔可以對其他郊野公園使用者構成不便。 今次仲有人受傷﹐政府一定要做野。

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:30 pm 

Dear YC,
Each case shall determine by its own merit. Since whether caused hinders or endangered others are very subjective. For example, John caused the accident on Monday, but Peter play glider today, they could not summons or prosecute Peter for endangering other simple he play glider at the same place. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:40 pm 

Hi fellows,

I've done some homework. Two laws provision were found relevant and stated below:

Cap 228, sec 23: Any person who without lawful authority or excuse, plays at any game or pastime to the annoyance of the inhabitants or passers-by; or plays at any game or loiters in any public place, so as to obstruct the same or create a noisy assembly therein; shall be liable to a fine of $500 or to imprisonment for 3 months.

Cap 208A, Reg (11) (2b): No person shall within a country park or special area operate any power driven model boat, power driven model aeroplane or power driven model vehicle;

Please comment, regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:04 pm 

Dear all:

街打也好 ,電機也好 ,有人投訴就會開(快老).
file 一開就有人做

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:55 pm 

Quote:
今早 10: 45 有兩位漁農自然護理署人員在東風位出現 , 幸好當時機友 只手持發射調較飛機 ,未有把飛機投出 ,否則斷正罰款............... 最後口頭警告了事 .

在郊野公園範圍內玩無動力

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:12 pm 

An accident is an accident, they just happen. And when something like that happens civil liabilities may be involved, that's it. It doesn't mean the particular type of activity needs to be prohibited.

Lawful authority or excuse to play games or pastime... do we need one? At least the law is drafted to explicitly and specifically prohibit powered models but didn't prohibit gliders so let's get that straight with AFCD. I just don't think we should kind of lay low and stay away from CWB. We're not criminals! That's not the way to live our lifes or deal with the government. Having said that, we should of course act like an adult and not to obstruct or annoy others while enjoying our great hobby. That way we should be sure that we'll be fine. But if one doesn't behave and got busted it's because that guy's a jerk and doesn't mean they're against the hobby.

No one wants to see something like FNS (7/04) happens again but if it does come to it we shouldn't stop at it. Moreover, flying spots are scarce and there's too much country parks. AFCD should accommodate us and yield/designate areas for powered models aircrafts or boats. Simply put warning signs around it or exclude that area from the country park.

CT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:26 pm 

[quote="Stanley"]......但他們是時常抱著一種心態,就是阻止我們... ...一來唔順眼,二來怕有意外會

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:35 pm 

Dear all,

I partially agree with CT and also partially disagree with Stanley.

We (or the club) should act positively to strive for space for our meaningful activity.

Should the laws of HK allows powerless glider, we shall stand firm. Whether the validation of such verbal warning (or may be advice) was in doubt! I saw many occasions that the so called authorized officers did not understand the provision fully.

We are in a Region that the laws system is matured. Should the AFCD wishes to post a bill in Legislation Council, we have a right to object! That is one of the aims of club, right?

I further quote the incident pertaining the use of illegal frequency. Should we or the club did nothing at that time, all of us shall only use 27Mhz or the 6 channels (as accordance to the current licence) forever! Who could think the OFTA just posted a bill to legislation Council today for excluding many channels for models?

All view are welcome. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:37 pm 

Although I have said that officials from AFCD are not happy with us flying gliders within the country park, they are nevertheless have their points. Too many people stepping on the grassland, too many lost/destroyed models (rubbish anyway) are suffocating our beautiful country parks.
Just keep the human disturbance to the country park to a minimum, we will all benefit after all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:48 pm 

Quote:
We are in a Region that the laws system is matured. Should the AFCD wishes to post a bill in Legislation Council, we have a right to object! That is one of the aims of club, right?

Ah Pong,

I disagree otherwise.
As compare to the case of OFTA in releasing the channels, the issue of prohibiting model flying in country park is a total different perspective.

I am sure, most of the public will agree with AFCD to band model flying. If they post a bill, we have no chance to stop them!
This is actually a very common fact that model flyings even powerless are banded in country parks in most nations. We are in Hong Kong are actually a bit lucky. I believe, the guy who put "powered model" in the law is smart, may be he loves paragliding or even r/c soaring too and have the insight in setting up the law!

I would highly recommend to keep all glider flyings in low profile and fly SAFE!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:22 am 

If the government ever attempts to outlaw our hobby they must at the same time yield those much needed tiny bit area of choice within the HUGE country park.

And I don't care how much points AFCD has unless it's a point of law! I pay my tax to hire civil servants not some mumbling old lady which I don't need. If someone litters with their glider/parts he litters so fine him $1,500, that's it! It's a matter of principle to outlaw us not just because they've "got a point". Outlaw badminton and cycling (which are very dangerous), BBQ (with well known risks and environmental impact), and I think boy scouts hiking and camping in the hundreds or thousands is a disaster and actually violates the laws stated above.

Having said that, we still need, of course, to find a tactful way to accomplish our goal. More publicity events perhaps?

CT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:44 am 

我們現在於飛鵝山放滑翔機,到底是合法還是不合法? 假如是不合法,大家便要偷偷地玩,否則便無需太

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:21 am 

:lol:
Dear all,

What I want is a comfortable atmosphere for playing this hobby, and never want worrying when playing.

Quote:
If they post a bill, we have no chance to stop them!

I am in doubt. If we are not so busy, the artical 23 of the basic law was an example. Who say that we could not object??

Quote:
根本沒有條件和他們討價還價。

I said "clarification" but not negotiation. As far as the laws allow playing gliders, they would have no legal authority for issuing "warning". In other words or extreme, it was a threat!! (of course, advice for safty is acceptable)

That was my concern. Should the committee do not wish to do anything for the well being of all fellows, I shall write to them (may also to the ombudsman) in my private capacity.

Regards,
Pong Pong. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:09 am 

Dear all,

I forgot to say that, I am not here to incite others to fly recklessly. In fact, safty flying is all we wish, right?

:P :P Pong Pong

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:38 am 

Dear pilots, please please :

- Keep our flying site clean
- Fly as safe as possible
- Land carefully, whenever possible, make sure landing site clearance prior landing
- Make sincere apologies if make mistakes, such as creating danger to others or hurting others

I believe those people complained to AFCD must be very angry and wonder if that pilot has say "sorry" to those people on the spot :?

Wing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:01 pm 

[quote]在郊野公園範圍內玩無動力

Last edited by Willy Lim on Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:30 pm 

作為一個玩機的人,我都親身感受過這種滋擾。有次一個高手 (飛 3 meter F3F model) 在東位完全不顧他人安全地飛 eye level。 隻機有幾次在我正前方3至4呎高速飛過,又係人頭頂飛 (maybe 佢技術好,但萬一失控以時速80/90km撞落人羣,後果不敢想像)。 於是我唯有 land 機避到後方。 那位高手正在作 F3F Ma On Shan Race 賽前 set 機。

難怪行山人仕要投訴噃!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:45 pm 

They can formally sue that pilot if he obstructs or annoys others. I have absolutely no problem with that. I just think that one shouldn't need to worry about cycling being outlawed because of a reckless cyclist.

CT