RC Slope Soaring in Hong Kong

A forum for rc sailplane pilots
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:05 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: poly-c
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:21 pm 

Last years read from the mag. RC Model World of a new covering material to substitute epoxy in sticking glass cloth call "poly-c". It is a water base (in fact water like) liquid that can stick glass cloth well on to the airframe. Although it is not as hard as epoxy (but they claim that it is only next to it), it is more easy to apply, does not eat foam and very light. I just received email from them that Hong Kong will be included in their deliver list on tonight (30 Thursday) and will let me know the price once available. May be I will try this on my DIY wooden small sloper if I got the budget. Those interested may reach their web site "rcworld.co.uk" to take a look. Happy flying !

Post subject: poly c
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:42 pm 

sounds interesting, kindly let me know their price when you have the feedback from them. Many many thanks!

Post subject: poly-c
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:53 am 

Just add something for further information. Once dry the poly-c is both waterproof & fuel proof (as they told me in replying my last email). I think that may sound suitable as a good alternative for covering EPP since it is not as hard as epoxy and may maintain the advantage of the elastility & rebouncibilty of EPP (sorry for may be wrong spelling), can sand down to quite smooth to enhance performance (read from the mag) and does not shirk as may happened in applying heat film (will not wrap the wings). There are already price quoted in thier web site but I still not yet received their email to confirm can deliver to Hong Kong and the surcharge. Will keep those informed once available. (sorry for not typed in Chinese because I don't have computer at home and the one I use does not allow me to do so)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:51 pm 

Thanks for the info. It's very useful!