RC Slope Soaring in Hong Kong

A forum for rc sailplane pilots
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:03 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:53 am 

Last week when we were in Rugen we met Franz Demmler who is the organizer of WC2012, he mentioned that he and 4 pilots from Germany will come over to join Typhoon Race 2013 next year (most likely in HK, although not yet confirmed). He suggested that it would be nice if TR be part of the FAI F3F World Cup tour. There are also other pilots from Europe, for example, Espen Torp, showing interest to come over.

Franz just sent me an email giving me the information for the application of TR2013 to be a World Cup tour, here is the message:

Quote:
We spoke on Rügen about the FAI-World Cup F3F for the Typhoon Race 2013. You was interested. It would be great to have TR next year as World Cup. It is necessary to send this document via your national Aero Club to the FAI until 15th of november 2012 and pay the 70 €. Thats all. I think this would be very important for the international F3F-Scene to have the first World Cup in Oversea. The result is, that 7 pilots (minimum) from europe come to your competition. I think this is great.

For the winner you would get the FAI-World-Cup- Trophy http://www.fai.org/world-cups/f3f-radio-control-soaring

My company TUD-Modelltechnik will give you a Freestyler 4 as first prize for free.

Basically, we need to apply to FAI and send an application fee of 70 Euro before 15 November this year. Because TR2012 in Korea is to be held in late December, we can not confirm the hosting of TR2013 (in HK) until then, it would be a problem to apply for World Cup tour.
Once possibility, I suggested, is; we will try to communicate with Taiwan, Korea and Singapore as soon as possible to have thier consent that TR2013 will be hosted in HK. Once conformed, we will apply for FAI World Cup tour by 15 Nov deadline.

Any view from fellow pilots?

By the way, TUDM is willing to sponsor a FS4 for the first prize in TR2013, so you guys need to practice harder in order to keep this FS4 in Hong Kong.

Cheers! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stanley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:10 pm 

We can send in the application now, and get TR2013 confirmed later.
If it didn't work out as planed, it's only 70 euro.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:39 pm 

By any mean, we need to decide on the date of TR2013 first.
Usually, we have good easterly wind around 重陽節, which is happen to be Sunday 13 oct. 2013. To avoid this Sunday, we can look at one week earlier, which are 4, 5 and 6 oct. 2013 or one week later which are 18, 19 and 20, oct. 2013.

We should discuss and work out the date first. Any comment and other suggestion?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:05 pm 

There is a form needed to be filled in for World Cup tour entry with deadline on 15 Nov.
It requires information about the date, venue and contest entry fee of the event.
It also requires a stamp and signiture from authority of National Air Sport Control (NAC), in the case of Hong Kong, I think this is HK Aviation Club.

Therefore, we should firstly decide upon

Date: ???
Venue: Ma On Shan, Hong Kong
Entry Fee: ???

I think the entry fee should be around US$100 to in order to keep a balance.
Any comment?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:43 pm 

咁應該要出黎開返次 TR2013 會議。以分配工作及一起為安排比賽討論。

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:02 pm 

Hi all,

Franz sent me a notice saying that they will have an important competition in Europe at 4-6, October, 2013 week end, so they hope that we can avoid holding TR2013 this time. In that case, shall we set the official date for TR2013 be 18-20 October 2013 ?

There is also an advantage that the date is one week before Taiwanese October league race in Lung Pun, so if European pilots are interested, they can do two competitions in a single trip. :lol:

By the way, I am contacting HKAC about filling the FAI F3F World Tour registration form issue, then I will send the form to FAI before the deadline.

Perhaps, HKRCSS can approve forming an organizing committee for TR2013, then we can plan and organize the contest right after the Korean contest.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:55 am 

台灣方面已正式申辦明年的FAI World Cup,
正式賽事名稱為F3F World Cup - Lung Pung F3F.
日期為 2013/10/24 ~ 26 星期四.五.六

未知我們的進展如何? 今天己是滙款限期了.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:33 am 

I helped to submit the registration form to FAI by the deadline yesterday.
The date and entry fee for TR2013 can still be changed later if it deems necessary.
Anyway, according to Franz, the FAI World Cup F3F will have the following legs arround the world. Taiwan leg will be the last of the year, cheers! :lol:

Rana Open (CZ)
Donaupokal (AUT)
Norway Open (NOR)
Spring Cup Gdansk (POL)
Almenland Race (AUT)
St. Iri Race F3F Lissabon (POR)
North of England Open (UK)
Nockpokal (AUT)
Asturias Open (ESP)
German Open (GER)
Typhoon Race (HKG)
Taiwan F3F (Taiwan)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:08 pm 

咁係咪加入左之後,每年都要有機手出席以上咁多個比賽呢????

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:21 pm 

Kolosun wrote:
咁係咪加入左之後,每年都要有機手出席以上咁多個比賽呢????

非也, 這只是2013 World Cup Tour 的 schedule,
到了2014各地要從新申辦

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:12 pm 

Stanley wrote:
I helped to submit the registration form to FAI by the deadline yesterday.
The date and entry fee for TR2013 can still be changed later if it deems necessary.
Anyway, according to Franz, the FAI World Cup F3F will have the following legs arround the world. Taiwan leg will be the last of the year, cheers! :lol:

Rana Open (CZ)
Donaupokal (AUT)
Norway Open (NOR)
Spring Cup Gdansk (POL)
Almenland Race (AUT)
St. Iri Race F3F Lissabon (POR)
North of England Open (UK)
Nockpokal (AUT)
Asturias Open (ESP)
German Open (GER)
Typhoon Race (HKG)
Taiwan F3F (Taiwan)

Stanley,

Typhoon Race(TR)香港地區比賽乃HKRCSS負責,有關把TR2013申報為F3F World Tour一事,HKRCSS從未獲正式通知,HKRCSS執委會亦無討論過或達成過任何共識。

請閣下把與有關人士和組織的所有有關World Tour的通訊,轉發給執委會的幹事,我們會另行討論是否決定申報F3F World Tour,而現在已達成的任何事實將不會在我們的考慮範圍之內。

另外,我想提醒大家,在未得到HKRCSS執委會的同意前,切勿以HKRCSS的名義作任何聲明或承諾,此有盜用協會名義之嫌,本會亦不會對此負上任何責任。

CM Cheng
HKRCSS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:25 pm 

公道自在人心,大家都是想搞好件事,通力合作,何必出此無建設性之言,給外國人見到,會有如何想法?

小弟幫忙註策已一早知會,亦得到會長李文事前同意授權。TR2013比賽日期只是暫定,代籌備委員會成立後,議定日期需要改時就去改。現在最緊要是在deadline前報名,希望大家明白支持。