RC Slope Soaring in Hong Kong

A forum for rc sailplane pilots
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:40 pm 

Willy Lim wrote:
Quote:
It is doubtful if the transmitters somehow related to the 2 arrested persons have genuinely caused the interference

有何關係?若指控是「電波干擾他人」,你講法就合理。

但現在指控是「無牌使用無線電器材」,控方只須證明是無牌,就夠喇,無須證明有關器材干擾到其他人士。正如若我被控「無牌藏械」,差人只須證明我係無牌,不須證明有關槍械曾「干擾」(或射殺)他人。

The whole idea focuses on the need of OFTA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:00 pm 

HKRCSS has issued a statement on July 26 about the OFTA incident. Please see
http://www.hkrcss.org/statement2607-04.html
Sorry for not to keep you informed early as I was out of town the past three days.

Post subject: To Willy / XR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:35 am 

Dear all,

As my limited knowledge, the policeman must prosecute all the ppls who are not follow the traffic light at the same moment, same as they cannot fix only one or two, must be all illegal parking on the same road, otherwise if anyone the ppl who hasn't been charge in the same case, can become the witness to prove the police did something unjustice.
Can use in this case, Willy / XR?
Don't blame me if I am wrong :oops:

Patrick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:36 am 

Dear all,

As my limited knowledge, the policeman must prosecute all the ppls who are not follow the traffic light at the same moment, same as they cannot fix only one or two, must be all illegal parking on the same road, otherwise if anyone the ppl who hasn't been charge in the same case, can become the witness to prove the police did something unjustice.

Patrick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:36 am 

Dear all,

Patrick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:17 pm 

Noted HKRCSS will have a Contest on Aug 22, will this illegal Radio channal issue, make any difficult.

Post subject: Re: To Willy / XR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:19 am 

[quote="PatrickYellow"]
the policeman must prosecute all the ppls who are not follow the traffic light at the same moment, same as they cannot fix only one or two, must be all illegal parking on the same road, otherwise if anyone the ppl who hasn't been charge in the same case, can become the witness to prove the police did something unjustice.

PatrickYellow,

You get close to the thinking! Let me show a closer analogy.

As all drivers know, the police may not take action against illegally parked vehicles not causing obstruction. This is similar to OFTA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:43 am 

XR,

Means we have no right to complaint ppls to use some illegal radio applicants if we are not the legal ownership of some frequencies, right?

Patrick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:05 pm 

我都想申請番個合法頻道牌照,但我手頭有幾個72 hi-band receiver,但合法band係low-band,唔知可唔可以淨換粒FM晶体用得番呢。 :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:06 pm 

我都想申請番個合法頻道牌照,但我手頭有幾個72 hi-band receiver,但合法band係low-band,唔知可唔可以淨換粒FM晶体用得番呢。 :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:08 pm 

PatrickYellow wrote:
XR,

Means we have no right to complaint ppls to use some illegal radio applicants if we are not the legal ownership of some frequencies, right?

Patrick

PatrickYellow,

You have raised another valid point. It depends on whether OFTA should spend public or government resources to deal with the complaints from anybody who can scan with a radio receiver to find suspected illegal radio frequencies but has no licence for any transmitter of the same frequencies.

From the viewpoint of public interest, OFTA should not attend to such complaints that involve no genuine interference, no damage or no licensed user. Otherwise, it is a waste of public or government resources subject to criticism of Audit Department and Media.

So OFTA should also review the details of the interference, damage caused and any licensed user affected in the 14.7.04 incident. If any of the 3 conditions cannot be substantiated, OFTA should also consider not taking any further action.

XR