RC Slope Soaring in Hong Kong

A forum for rc sailplane pilots
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:46 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: 30MAY / 31MAY08
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:44 pm 

Hello,
I'm looking for some chaps who give me hints and tips where to fly this week on friday and saturday. I'm working for swiss Intl air lines and usually take a glider with me, unfortunately I have no car, so I need to have to go either to a place by MTR and bus or need a lift.
THNKS for any reply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:12 pm 

Hi Markus,

Weather report forecasts raining on Friday and Saturday, too bad.

For the flying sites, please se below:

http://www.rcsail.com/flyingsites.htm

Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:25 pm 

Basically there are 2 main flying sites: Fei Ngo Shan and Clear water Bay.

Fei Ngo Shan is a good place for both sight seeing and RC glider flying. You can see both the Hong Kong Island and Kowloon scenery there. If you have not been there before, you should go there at least once. Travelling is difficult for a foreign visitor like you, because you need a car to access there. However, you can still go there on your own by a cab at MTR- Choi Hung station. Remember to bring your mobile with you, the connection is not very good there but you can still make calls at some place along the road.

Clear Water Bay is a good place for gliders too when it is East wind, but most of the time it was occupied by a lot of EPP fun fly planes. I still recomment you to go there because you can see a lot of happy faces from the flying fun. You can get an MTR underground to Tsang Kwan O first and than change to a cab to Clear Water Bay directly. Most drivers know the place, But better ask first.

If you see any flying pilots around and you do not have car to leave, you can try to check with these pilots see whether they can give you a lift back to MTR station after flying. Most of the RC flyers here are friendly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:02 am 

Hi chaps,
many thanks for your reply and tips.
I have been already at Clear Water Bay, nice flying spot!
I've checked the weather today, but despite of the forecast I'll take my glider with me and have a look, hope it isn't too bad.
If there is anybody out there Friday or saturday, I hope to see you.
cheers Markus
mobile ++41 (79) 351 0701

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:08 am 

Hi,
Let us know when you are in HK.

I can bring you to some flying sites... no worries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:16 pm 

jerems wrote:
Hi,
Let us know when you are in HK.

I can bring you to some flying sites... no worries.

Hi jerems,
thank you very much! I met some guys last week at Clearwater Bay and it was nice to talk to them. Many thanks for this friendly and warm welcome (and of course the invitation to meet you at your next contest, thanks to Stanley!)
I'll be back (with my glider!) on the 11th and stay in HKG until the 13th of june.
Hope to see you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:48 pm 

Hi Markus,

Nice to meet you last Saturday. Sorry that the weather was so disappointing the time you were here! Usually, this time of a year is the beginning of the rainy season and the weather is unsettled, you know right now we have a thunderstorm and the rain is pouring down!

We will have a F3F league contest the coming Sunday, 8 June, if you can arrive earlier, you are welcome to join us, if not, let me know which day you would like to fly on 11 to 13 June, see whether I can arrange some times to accompanying you. I hope by that time the weather would be much better then, cheers!

Stanley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:56 pm 

aya, 11th to 13th is during the week... I don't think I will be available, except at night for some drinks !

For the 8th, I have dragon boat racing, so cannot come to the f3f contest :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:27 pm 

Stanley wrote:
Hi Markus,

Nice to meet you last Saturday. Sorry that the weather was so disappointing the time you were here! Usually, this time of a year is the beginning of the rainy season and the weather is unsettled, you know right now we have a thunderstorm and the rain is pouring down!

We will have a F3F league contest the coming Sunday, 8 June, if you can arrive earlier, you are welcome to join us, if not, let me know which day you would like to fly on 11 to 13 June, see whether I can arrange some times to accompanying you. I hope by that time the weather would be much better then, cheers!

Stanley

Hello Stanley and everybody out there,
I'll arrive wednesday in the late afternoon and have actually 2 days off in HKG, so I'm ready to go flying on thursday and/or friday, depending on the actual weather situation. Right now, the forecast isn't too bad...
I'll check this forum again...
Hope to see you!

cheers!