RC Slope Soaring in Hong Kong

A forum for rc sailplane pilots
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:26 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: SCSA - 2013 F3K League
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:41 pm 

Starting this month, South China Soaring Association (SCSA) will be hosting a 10 F3K Contests as part of the F3K League in 2013.

Dates, locations, scores, and any updates will be updated in the first post of this thread by me, please be sure to check back often! You can also follow the activity on the TSMX thread here: http://www.tsmx.cn/bbs/forum.php?mod=vi ... a=page%3D1

Yours,
Thomas Lee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:48 pm 

Hi Thomas,

Just read that SCSA is going to organize a F3K Open in San Shui on 19-20 Oct 2013
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1814895

Have the date and venue confirmed yet? Are there more information to promote the event, registration dealine, etc? I am interested in joining the contest also, though I really need to do more practice to improve my launching skill. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:57 pm 

Hi Stanley,

Date and venue are both confirmed:
Oct 19-20, 2013 (Oct 18 practice)
San Shui

It is the same field that we have been using, if you are really able to come to the April F3K League (April 7th), it is the same venue. We do not have the completed promo package for the contest yet, I expect that it will be ready in a few weeks.

YES! I think that is the biggest obstacle for you right now, if you can get a smoother launch and reach 45-50 meters it should be quite easy for you to be one of the leading F3K pilots here. You have all the piloting skills and experience already.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:41 pm 

Glad to know things are moving.

If you guys can attract some international F3K pilots to come over to participate, it will be wonderful. Perhaps, you can keep it as a bi-annual event or arrange with pilots around the Asia-Pacific region to hold an annual event in places rotating around countries in the region, much like Typhoon Race we have for F3F.

Also, a national F3K event held annually around places in China would be attractive. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:28 am 

Hi Stanley,

There are a couple things for me to respond:

Yes, the SCSA Open will be attracting some international pilots, already confirmed is 1 from Thailand, 1 from the Cayman Islands, and 1 from the USA. There are about 7 -10 others I'm talking to right now who are interested but need the promo package out first before settling and booking tickets. Our plan is to keep the SCSA Open a yearly event, similar to the IHLGF, although obviously international attendance each year may differ slightly, but it should be the largest F3K event in China. We are expecting 40+ pilots this year.

At the moment, the largest and longest running F3K (proper) event held in China is the Beijing DLG Contest held (usually) in August, this year should be their 6th or 7th year. The SCSA Open will be held each year around October.

SCSA has a F3K League as you know, 10 contests in 2013. I've also just assisted the Beijing group last month in setting up the Beijing F3K League, with 8 or 9 contests in 2013. I'm discussing with the Zhejiang group right now to try and help them to set up a F3K League in the future. The current discussion is that we may also include 1 larger contest at the end of the season, rotating between the different organizations each year- SCSA/Beijing/Shanghai/etc- possibly only permitting 'X' amount of the top pilots in each league to compete, similar to Typhoon.

I know there has been some short discussions on setting up a small F3K League in HKRCSS (possibly, 4-5 contests for 1 year), and if that succeeds I can certainly help put HKRCSS onto the Chinese F3K map as well.