RC Slope Soaring in Hong Kong

A forum for rc sailplane pilots
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:35 pm 

Hi guys, I'm pleased to announce the first. contest of the SCSA 2013 F3K League.
It will be held in Dongguan on a new site on January 13th, 2013.

Date: January 13, 2013
Time: 12:00 registration, 12:30 first round
Deadline: January 11, 2013
Fee: SCSA Members- Non-Members-

We will fly 5 rounds, with no drop rounds. F3K rules will be enforced.
Flight groups will be computer generated on-field after registration.
Late comers after 12:15 will not be able to join as flight groups will already by finalized and score cards printed.
The tasks are:

I hope there can be 1 or 2 more pilots from Hong Kong joining me, Michael, and Kin in our F3K endeavors across the border. It's really fun and exciting, and very very enjoyable! SCSA includes some of the best F3K and thermal pilots in China, so there is lot's to learn every time.

Thomas Lee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:24 pm 

Unfortunately because the first week of January is an OT day in China because of the New Year holidays, January's competition will be held on the 2nd Sunday of the month (Jan 13). Sorry about the conflict with HKRCSS's F3F league match.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:41 am 

依.....................又撞正F3F :evil: Why not 20th ???????

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:12 pm 

If we go to 20th it is too close to the league contest in February, so the guys do not have enough time to rest and practice :(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:26 pm 

If the 13th is postponed due to rain (confirmation on Jan 11th), then the January contest will be held on Jan 20th in Dongguan.
It will be a great opportunity for the HK pilots to come join our first official league contest on the 20th (if it does get postponed) as it does not conflict with the Jan F3F league match.

If you are interested please let me know and I will make sure to keep you updated!

Thomas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:42 pm 

I have contact Mak and he maybe join it 20th if the date can fix in 20th , i know his new TS 3.0 still assemble in this moment . So please let it in 20th as possible as you can ! I have a team name now ! Ha ! Ha! It same the band name JR -----Just Racing !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:08 pm 

Weather looks very good so the league match will be held on the 13th, sorry guys.

If anyone wants we can go fly in HK on 20th too! I am planning on doing the 2nd clinic at Sham Chung on the 27th.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:14 pm 

Quick copy and paste from RCG!

ust home from the 1st contest of 2013, we tried a new site in Dongguan, very very big, but the ground cover is not very ideal and in fact covered by lot's of dried cow sh@t!! hahahahaha

Very very very hard conditions to fly in, everyone did quite poorly compared to our usual scores, but it was a great time and a huge learning experience, especially for me. Having not practiced for nearly a month I was launching quite low to begin with, and as the day went on the pieces were simply not falling together and I couldn't get out of the hole. Lost a lot of flying confidence early on in the contest when I realized how out of trim my planes apparently were, without having time or the conditions to try and trim them today, and it didn't let me do a lot of things I wanted to do, which frustrated me more and it just became a bad cycle.

It's the first time in a DLG contest that I've run into this situation and it's not a pretty sight, but, very very educational. Walking away from the contest I think I have improved a bit mentally, and know I really need to take time out to fly and practice again.

There was quite a bit of broken planes as usual, although the most disappointing result likely came from Alex, he is well taking the lead in 1st place, before he missed flying a round and resulted in a 0 for the complete round.... that dropped him from a very comfortable 1st place to 5th overall.

Nick flew consistently very well and won first, Shan really did shine today and flew marvelously, and didn't really seem to get fluttered by the conditions at all and got 2nd. Veteran Hao flew great and had some very good thermals in a few rounds and clinched 3rd place.

Yours truly jumped down the ladder and got 7th with only 76.8%, wake up!! :P

Detailed results will follow when I get the chance to get it all inputted.

BTW, check out this video from our December contest, I'm not easily impressed by videos and I think this one was done quite well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_5gD5Px ... ture=share

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:15 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:40 pm 

I am so bad lucky crash the tail boom . so i can comlete all the round . but lucky Have steven help to share a right hand side plane for me . it is the first time launch a Right hand side . so i thinking i should keep in left or change to right hand launch?? Ha ! Ha! maybe two hand together . :D But anyway . the competition are succesful and Happy !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:36 am 

Kin, make sure you have 2 planes to fly in the February contest!!!