RC Slope Soaring in Hong Kong

A forum for rc sailplane pilots
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:15 pm 

J W wrote:
I was given a link to this site in regards to the issue of what battery warning voltage is appropriate when using a single cell LiPo. When using my XG-8, I set my battery warning voltage to be at 3.6V. When the warning goes off, I recharge the battery and typically put in about 80-85% of the rated battery capacity.

I've not done much quantitative testing, just a few quick tests when I first got the radio. My first tests indicated that the telemetry display of the receiver voltage will not go below about 3.2V (or something like that). To me, that suggests that there may be a minimum voltage regulator in the circuitry.

Originally, I used 3.7V for my alarm voltage, but found that I was only putting in ~60% of the battery capacity when recharging. Someday I'll try 3.5V to see how much closer it gets to the edge!

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the message and welcome to this forum!

Which receiver have you tested? Look like that yours can work down to 3.6V.
I only tested my RG831B receiver, the telemetry reading just stayed at 3.7V all the time even though the battery voltage dropped below that level.
I really want to know if other pilots have done similar testings to confirm this.

Stanley

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:23 am 

Quote:

Which receiver have you tested? Look like that yours can work down to 3.6V.
I only tested my RG831B receiver, the telemetry reading just stayed at 3.7V all the time even though the battery voltage dropped below that level.
I really want to know if other pilots have done similar testings to confirm this.

I have used both the jr dmss 831 and the 631 receivers with single cell LiPo with the voltage alarm. I have not actually compared the actual battery voltage to the displayed voltage, but have just looked at the replaced charge amount.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7