RC Slope Soaring in Hong Kong

A forum for rc sailplane pilots
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:39 pm 

HKRCSS the first committee meeting in 2012

Date : March 10, 2012, Saturday
Time : 6:00 PM
Venue : Conference room, Lohas Park Community Hall, The Capitol, LOHAS Park, Tseung Kwan O

Agenda
1, Confirmation of Last AGM Minute
2, Matters arose from the last meeting
3, Report on matters related to club management
4, Activity report
5, Planned activities
6, AOB
6.1 - Discussion on membership and insurance for visitors who want to join HKRCSS activities.

Do you have any other topics needed to bring to the meeting, please contact
Lee Man (Chairman), Ho Kwok Wai (Vice Chairman), Clement Tsang (Treasurer) or CM Cheng (Secretary)

香港遙控滑翔飛行協會 2012年第一次會議

日期 : 2012年3月10日, 星期六
時間 : 晚上6時正
地點 : 將軍澳 日出康城 首都 康城社區會堂 會議室

議程
1, 確認上次會議記錄
2, 上次會議後需跟進的事項
3, 協會管理事項報告
4, 活動報告
5, 計劃活動
6, 其他事項
6.1 - 討論新增會員資格/提供保險予外地訪客參與本會活動

如有其他項目需提出討論,請聯絡
李文(會長)、AC(副會長)、細文(財政)或CM(秘書)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:40 pm 

"3F前開個會,隨時攞獎杯" :lol:

大家請參與支持!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:49 pm 

呀邦記得出席. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:52 pm 

ac wrote:
Quote:
呀邦記得出席.

Thanks for the invitation, but I treat it as a childish provocation from a person lacking of self-esteem indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:53 pm 

Dear all,

HKRCSS used to be a well organised society with a well defined constitution. Over the past years, the society had been pursuing its goal whilst the results were encouraging. The good works such as maintaining bilateral relations with relevant societies internationally, negotiating with OFTA on radio frequency release and promoting the RC sport, are to name but a few. However, to my disappointment, it was over.

Being an ordinary member, I do believe that I have the obligation and right to raise my dissatisfaction. Just like a normal citizen, one could talk to the District Councillor to air his view for the betterment of the community.

My dissatisfactions included the lacking of transparency, consultation and communication between the committee and members. This could be seen at the Web page of HKRCSS, that the last minute of meeting was few years ago. Nonetheless, some decisions made without announcement and the way in carrying out the meeting and making decision, was not conformed the established format of a proper meeting which just like an interest group in school. I believe most of us would agree that there has room for improvement, right ?

I did try such approach to one of the official bearers of the society on the slope. During the discussion that day, he replied me that he was over burdened as all the workload of the committee was merely done by two persons. Fair enough, the distribution of work is the prerogative of the leaders. Namely, the four official bearers of the society who were entrusted by us to manage the society (I stress, to manage, not manipulate or dictate). Meanwhile, he appeared to be irritated which I believed attributable to his grievance of taking up most of the work. I then left him along.

About half an hour later, whilst I was working as the linesman at point B (i.e. away from the crowd), I heard the official bearer who I had talked to, scolded loudly with abusive language, accusing me of blaming him.

What would you reactive if you talk to a District Councillor but in turn hearing the councillor say “Fu?k you mother” at your back ?

I did rush to him and pointed out the matter. I admitted that I had ‘Fu?k’ him back which was face to face instead of at his back, and it was ten times more than he said. I shall apologise to him next time on the slope.

:wink: :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:54 pm 

To our adorable Chairman and Vice Chairman,

Would you please listen the views from an ordinary member?

Managing a society is far more sophisticate than a simple task. Please read the constitutions. It is not merely organising few F3F and EPP combat matches. We cannot deny that, apart from the active F3F soarers, the number of people interested in soaring activity is diminishing. Nevertheless, the channels of contact with overseas fellow are shrinking as well. I am of a person with straight mind. Unlike other members who selected to remind quiet, I would air any dissatisfaction right away.

I am not going to point out the area in need of improvement here. Please review amongst the committee. We need our leader to bring us to a new era, which I am of confident that you guys could achieve. Besides, please don’t shift the burdens to the remaining two official bearers anymore. They have been doing many extra works already.

Please pardon me if I had offended you, but I believe a charisma leader would accept positive criticism from the floor.

Finally, I would not come to the “committee meeting” despite the invitation, coz I am lazy and busy.

Regards,

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:23 pm 

當人們處於飢餓的時候、重點不在於食物是否美味. 除非你願意提供更好的美食.

當工作缺乏義工的時候、重點不在於工作是否完美. 除非你願意提供更好的服務.

多謝各位HKRCSS執行委員, 為大家所付出的努力

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:09 pm 

我都要多謝各位HKRCSS執行委員, 試問無私義工那裡尋? :?:

沒有你們, 我地就無得玩得咁開心! 其實有要求, 就要有所付出, 請實事求是啦! 大家都放鬆D啦! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:58 am 

CM Cheng wrote:
"3F前開個會,隨時攞獎杯" :lol:

大家請參與支持!

是日母親大人生日, 未能撥冗出席, 僅此致歉.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:08 am 

Quote:
當人們處於飢餓的時候、重點不在於食物是否美味. 除非你願意提供更好的美食.

Mak,

Your quote is right, but not fit to our current situation.
I do appreciate the efforts and time that the committee members have devoted, and I am also ashamed that I cannot contribute due to some other personal commitments.

However and in fact, we do have plenty of fine food, but simply because the way the chef cooks them, which ends up the disc is difficult to eat.

The statement of objective of our society is duly written in the constitutions. Do you agree that we are far away from the goal and have plenty rooms for improvement. Should the majority agree that our statement of objective is outdated or unrealistic, why not call for an extraordinary general meeting to make amendment. In that case, I am sure that I would quit as I am talking with peoples with different vision and value.

All in all, what I have said is merely for the betterment of future with no ill mind.