RC Slope Soaring in Hong Kong

A forum for rc sailplane pilots
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:46 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: First flight in 2007
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:10 am 

CM, Ah Pong and me (Mak) will go up to MOS on 1/1/2007 morning.
We will be there at around 5:30am.

If you want to be one of the early birds, please come, and join us with the joy 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:34 am 

OK ! Lets GO :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:39 pm 

2007年的晨光第一線

2007年之 RC Soaring第二擊 (第一擊的照片在CM手上 :lol: )

Image[

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:19 pm 

第二隊人馬

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:33 pm 

返到屋企呆呆地 :x ,所以遲左post相 . . .

黎明前的一刻 :)

2007太陽出來了,勁呀 :x

阿麥,好可能係香港第一個係2007年放飛機既人! :!: :o

新年好意頭:黃金海上的Race-M :D

呢D pose 好難就位架 :!: 8)

晨早的大金鐘份外清朗 :P

有雀仔 :shock:

阿堅隻CauseFire :x

點解叫CauseFire?睇下機尾支避雷針,行雷閃電生人勿近 :x :x :x

2007好開始 :) :P :D :lol:

Last edited by CM Cheng on Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:25 am 

Yeah! I have a good start the first day in 2007. Good wind when I arrived at 12:10pm. Have three hours of favourable wind for many pleasant speedy flight, then someone arrived, I guess Ah Wing, the wind died down quickly. By the time at 3:30pm we all stood still. What's the magic the New Wind God has played!
So thnak Ah Wing next year you will have our honour to be crowned the title of Wind God. Will you join the contest on 7 Jan ...?

Y.C. chose to spend his first day of 2007 on the slope but not for rc glider flying, instead he was paragliding.
Y.C., how was your force-landing today?

Post subject: New Wind God
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:33 pm 

Stanley wrote:
I guess Ah Wing, the wind died down quickly. By the time at 3:30pm we all stood still. What's the magic the New Wind God has played!

So thnak Ah Wing next year you will have our honour to be crowned the title of Wind God. Will you join the contest on 7 Jan ...?

Dear respectful & powerful Wind God and his fellows ... you know the nomination (or election) of Wind God was based on repeatable and long term observations of real performance for controlling the wind, with absolute global influential power from Hong Kong to Taiwan and even Scotland :wink:

Yesterday was just one single incident :!: Scientifically, it’s not possible to determine that either our existing Wind God (i.e. Stxnlxy) is still holding his Wind God position for FY07. You know yesterday Stxnlxy brought her daughter together – which could block Stxnlxy’s power and delayed the effect by 2 – 3 hours :? So better discard Jan 1 :roll:

Suggest we continue to observe more before elect the next wind god rather than based on one single incident on yesterday 8)

BTW, in FY06 you know I acted as the instant flying site condition reporter, providing value-added inquiries for a number of pilots 8) I am happy to continue acting that role in FY07 but think about the implication if I was crowded as the New Wind God :shock: which may imply that I come up to slope early morning and then turn off the wind for all day long :x so many pilots will suffer :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:51 pm 

CM Cheng wrote:
返到屋企呆呆地 :x ,所以遲左post相 . . .

2007好開始 :) :P :D :lol:

This should be the photo taken just before the mid-air of the only two 60" in the sky.
The sky is so big, the 2 planes are so small compared to the 3m F3F. What a poor start of the year!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:56 pm 

BigYeung wrote:
This should be the photo taken just before the mid-air of the only two 60" in the sky. The sky is so big, the 2 planes are so small compared to the 3m F3F. What a poor start of the year!

Hi Big Yeung

Cheer up :o mid-air on Jan 1 didn't mean anything ! Wish your 60" can be repaired very soon and look forward to see your new 3M f3f plane on sky ! Remember there will be another new year coming soon (Feb 18) :o Wish you enjoy the first flight by that time !

Wing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:58 pm 

.... I mean Feb 18 :o Chinese new year :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:32 pm 

Wing wrote:
Dear respectful & powerful Wind God and his fellows ... you know the nomination (or election) of Wind God was based on repeatable and long term observations of real performance for controlling the wind, with absolute global influential power from Hong Kong to Taiwan and even Scotland :wink:

Yesterday was just one single incident :!: Scientifically, it’s not possible to determine that either our existing Wind God (i.e. Stxnlxy) is still holding his Wind God position for FY07. You know yesterday Stxnlxy brought her daughter together – which could block Stxnlxy’s power and delayed the effect by 2 – 3 hours :? So better discard Jan 1 :roll:

Suggest we continue to observe more before elect the next wind god rather than based on one single incident on yesterday 8)

BTW, in FY06 you know I acted as the instant flying site condition reporter, providing value-added inquiries for a number of pilots 8) I am happy to continue acting that role in FY07 but think about the implication if I was crowded as the New Wind God :shock: which may imply that I come up to slope early morning and then turn off the wind for all day long :x so many pilots will suffer :idea:

Hi Wing, it is an honour to be crowned the title of Wind God. You can call the wind or put off the wind (呼風換雨) as you like. I trust that you will prefer to call the wind. Then as a late afternoon flyer, we will be benefit from your call for strong wind in early morning. You have all my support to be the "Wind God"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:06 pm 

8) 8)

Hi Big Yeung,

Cheer up, the damage on your NYX was repairable. If you could not fix it, send her to my ICU then.

By the way, some fellows who had attended the F3F race on 7th should already know that I have found the wrackage of the other 60 inches glider on Saturday.
The damage of that plane was much more severe than yours. The wing was badly broken, and the shift of the gearbox bended, etc, etc.....

I called the owner of her, and already made the deal for how to share the 'wrackage'.

With my skills on repairing, I am of confident that the plane could fly again in foreseeable future. (perhaps in 1 to 2 years) :? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:30 am 

Ah Pong,
Great thks to you! I'd taken intial repair on it. All leaving behind is to put putty on the deformed surface and bottom, smoothing and to repaint it. Of coz, the weight and surface will not be perfect as before.
Which paint will match the red and yellow color of the mini NYX?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:46 pm 

I took a short movie for the first day F3F practice for the year 2007. Enjoy!
http://www.rcsail.com/tmp/MOS_F3F_Practice101-07.mpg